Barrell Cask Strength Rye Whiskey
- 4 Years, 6 Months
We set out to do something different and unconventional with Barrell Rye Batch 001. We combined sweeter malted barley rye barrels with spicier high-rye barrels to create a unique flavor experience. Batch 001 is a rye whiskey that touches on everything we love. It evolves in the glass, punches hard with its proof, and finishes long and lean. Like all our whiskeys, it’s cask strength and never colored, flavored, or diluted.
- Distilledâ€‹ and aged in Indiana and Tennessee
- Crafted and bottled in Kentucky
- 117 proof cask strength bottling
- Aged for 4 1/2 years in American white oak barrels
- Mash bill: rye, corn, malted barley
- Luxuriant across the tongue with deep notes of hazelnut brown butter and dark maple syrup spooned over sizzling hot, rye French Toast
- Appearance: Burnished cinnamon hues becoming crystal clear at the edges. Tight swirls of the glass bring further bursts of iridescent raw copper, each swirl stained by streaks of late fall.
- Nose: Cinnamon dusted rye toast with a piercing core of crushed minerals, a touch of the 117.0 proof heat reveals itself without overpowering the nose.
- Palate: Roasted peaches baked into an opulent custard tart steaming from the oven followed by spice infused malted chocolate and orange zest.
- Finish: Air-dried citrus peels dipped in candy sugar gently fading into a lazy, rainy Sunday afternoon finish.
With a few drops of limestone water
- Creamy across the palate, with tightly wound bursts of exotic Caribbean spices peppered over pools of stone fruit.
â€‹Tasting Notes by Warren Bobrow, The Cocktail Whisperer
At Barrell Craft Spirits, our goal is to find and select barrels of great tasting, high quality spirit. We craft products that explore the unique effects of different distillation methods, barrels and aging environments, and bottle them at cask strength. Every batch of bourbon and whiskey we produce is a limited release and has an intentionally distinct flavor profile. We take pride in producing, preserving, and presenting spirits to the people who enjoy them most.
Lift your spirits,