Francis Coppola Diamond Collection - Silver Label Pinot Noir
- A fruit-forward, lushly-textured Pinot Noir expressive of sunny days and cool Pacific nights.
- Grapes are harvested in early morning, crushed immediately and cold soaked for 48 hours, intensifying the color.
This wine has an interesting story best told by our winemaker Corey Beck: “Our Diamond Collection Pinot Noir is sourced from a vineyard just east of the Santa Lucia Highlands in Monterey Country. This vineyard was originally planted with Merlot vines – however, after a few years of working with it, we realized its Bay-influenced cool temperatures and abundant afternoon sunshine created potential for producing great Pinot Noir. This inspired our first pre-plant contract with the grower in preparation for the wine’s introduction in 2001, well before the rise of Pinot Noir popularity. This long-standing relationship allows us to deliver exceptional Pinot Noir from a prime growing region.”
- YEAR: 2014
- WINEMAKER: Corey Beck
- BLEND: 100% Pinot Noir
- ALCOHOL: 13.5%
- BARREL REGIMEN: 9 months French oak
- PLATINUM - 95 POINTS - 2016 Sommelier Challenge
- GOLD - 90 POINTS - 2016 Critics Challenge