Kim Crawford Pinot Noir
SOUTH ISLAND, NEW ZEALAND
These grapes are from some of our favorite cool-climate vineyards on New Zealand’s South Island. We’ve used a wide variety of clones and rootstock, along with a mixture of soils and microclimates to ensure a balance of flavor profiles and exceptional quality.
This wine is enticingly aromatic showing notes of dark cherries and strawberries. Partially aged in French oak barrels for the alluring complexity of well integrated oak and fine silky tannins. Aged in a mixture of French oak barrels and tank for five months. Superb with herb-crusted lamb, mushroom risotto or all on its own.
- Ideal with herb-crusted lamb racks, mushroom risotto, or enjoy all on its own.
- Kim Crawford Fragrant Duck and Carrot Risotto
- Color: Medium depth with a bright ruby red colour.
- Aroma: Bright fruit aromas of fresh crushed berries, hints of spicy oak, and some forest floor notes.
- Palate: The palate is rich, with red berry flavours providing some nice fruit sweetness. Soft tannins ensure that the wine is approachable in its youth, however, it does have structure to enable the wine to develop over the years.
- Cellar: One to five years.